Purpose of this working group
We need (bike) road maps to navigate, because not all people have GPS devices, satellites might be switched off, road signs can mislead you and locals don't always know the right way to tell you...
Last year, people scanned good maps of the route regions that they found and put them together. Everyone could then download and/or print the whole package or just parts of it. Those maps could also be saved on a digital camera, a smart phone or tablet computer in order to look at them on a screen.
- Check your collection of travel maps at home or in your library!
- Scan the ones of the regions we go throgh!
- Zip them and send them to the coordinators!
- Mark in the below, which parts you have scanned already, so that someone else doesn't do the same work.
- Bring the original map to the tour if it is possible!
Maps scanned / available in BT 2013 material pool
- There are loads of maps on here: http://map1-europe.com/, but some of them might not be detailed enough.
REGIONS = CAPITALISED concrete places = lower case
- DE/Berlin: no. do it!
- DE/BRANDENBURG: no. do it! (1cm:2.5km region map of Brandenburg: http://maps-germany.com/Detailed_road_map_Brandenburg_Germany_361081.html)
- DE/LAUSITZ/ŁUžYCA/ŁUžICA: no. do it! - i think it's on the region map of Brandenburg.
- DE/SACHSEN: no. do it! (1cm:2.5km region map of Sachsen: http://maps-germany.com/Detailed_roadmap_Saxony_Germany_366113.html)
- CZ/Schluckenauer Zipfel/Šluknovský výběžek: no. do it!
- CZ/NORTHERN BOHEMIA: no. do it!
- CZ/Praha: no. do it!
- CZ/SOUTHERN BOHEMIA: no. do it!
- AT/WALDVIERTEL: no. do it!
- AT/WACHAU / Donau River (Krems > Wien): no. do it!
- AT/Wien: no. do it!
- AT/INDUSTRIEVIERTEL: no. do it!
- AT/BURGENLAND: no. do it!
- AT/SÜDSTEIERMARK: no. do it!
- AT/Graz: no. do it!
- AT/OSTKÄRNTEN / SÜDOSTKÄRNTEN: no. do it!
- SLO/GORENJSKA: no. do it!
- SLO/Ljubljana: no. do it!
- SLO/DOLENJSKA: no. do it!
- SLO/ŠTAJERSKA: no. do it!
- HR/VARAžDIN: no. do it!
- HR/ZAGREB: no. do it!
- HR/Zagreb: no. do it!
- HR/Sava River (Zagreb > BiH/HR border > Brčko): no. do it!
- HR/EASTERN SLAVONIA (HR/BiH/SRB border region): no. do it!
- SRB/VOJVODINA (HR/SBR border > Novi Sad > Zrenjanin): no. do it!
- SRB/Novi Sad: no. do it!
- SRB/BETWEEN NOVI SAD AND BEOGRAD: no. do it!
- SRB/BEOGRAD: no. do it!
- SBR-RO/BANAT (between Zrenjanin > Timişoara): no. do it!
- RO/TIMIşOARA: no. do it!