Difference between revisions of "Biketour 2013"
(→Archive of Mailing List Communications)
|Line 78:||Line 78:|
* maps with route ideas and existing 'borders'
* maps with route ideas and existing 'borders'
== 2013 Aims ==
== 2013 Aims ==
Revision as of 14:09, 2 July 2013
- 1 FINAL COUNTDOWN: WORKING GROUPS UNTIL KICK-OFF
- 2 So far...
- 3 So why another Biketour??
- 4 This Years Theme
- 5 Biketour 2013 is cycling for a slogan!
- 6 Route Ideas
- 7 2013 Aims
- 8 Kick-off days
- 9 Things needed for biketour
- 10 Print Material On the Road
- 11 Propaganda
- 12 Get involved!
- 13 2013 Funding
- 14 On the tour: Topics for Discussions or ad-hoc workshops
- 15 Archive of Mailing List Communications
- 16 Travel plans and advice
FINAL COUNTDOWN: WORKING GROUPS UNTIL KICK-OFF
These are the "Berlin Base"'s working groups for the most urgent organisatory stuff until the Kick-Off days. Some of the groups use sections below or subpages as their work base.
Please don't just skip this section if you're not in Berlin, but think about how you can still contribute - especially if you arrive a few days earlier! The Groups with a * behind them are those that you can easily join to work with online!
- Booklet Group: Collecting content, layouting, printing *
- Material Group: Get, order, pick-up, transport material to Kick-Off Days Place
- Kick-Off Days Group: Design the Programme, contact partners for collaboration
- Kick-Off Days Food Sub-Group: Organise food for Kick-Off Days, start of the tour and genereal stocks (e.g. fair coffee, spices, grains...?), transport food to Kick-Off Days Place
- Maps Group: Collecting, preparing, scanning or printing detailed road maps from regions of the route *
- Food Research Group: Put together a list of oportunities for buying seasonal, local and/or organic food along the whole route (and maybe even pre-order food to pick up on the way) *
- Media Group: Organising nice films, books, etc. for us to take along *
- Translation Group: Coordinating necessary translation work and some doing it *
- Propaganda Group: Designing and Printing our Print Material; thinking about ways to document the tour *
- Mapping Group: Brainstorming and organising ways of using the medium "map" more on this year's tour in order to express our experiences (besides blogging, painting, podcasting, filming, etc.) *
- FLOSS Group: Doing everything possible until July to improve our ICTs a bit
Create and join further possibe further Working Groups!
- Accommodate early arrivers
- Fundraising: Writing applications *, soli-parties and soli-events *
- Theme Group: Thinking more about what "borders" can mean, what/how to learn about it and how it could be dealt with *
As you can see from these pages, many things are still up for debate- so if you have some ideas - make your self a login and add them to the relevant pages or contact email@example.com.... and remember 'You are the Biketour!!'
So why another Biketour??
- Because we believe in DIY, slow travel and Doing it Ourselves!
- Because we have a 23 year legacy of creating incredible experiences / skills sharing / self organising / experiential education ... and we want to do it again!
- Because we want to use our energy and momentum to further the campaigns that matter to us most
- Because we want to learn from the existing social and activism projects that are happening all over Europe NOW!
- Because we want to make things happen - and believe we can do that together
- Because you know it will be the adventure of 2013!
This Years Theme
Brainstorm from the recent Winter Meeting:::::
- WHAT; Migrant Struggles; Fortress Europe; physical borders and ownership of space; social; psychological; on and offline borders; the virtual and cultural borders.
- HOW; by having a strong focus(s) on what we can achieve; being sensitive to local border perception.Visiting historical and modern day border struggles and traces.
- Action suggestions raged from joining up with existing actions such as the Berlin Wall / East Side Gallery or refugee protests; creating moc border control points; bespoke passports; comparing policies; finding commonalities and sharing skills and cultures, stories; recording and documenting them as radio / video / blog posts and e-activisim tactics.
- Slogan words brainstorm: commons / community / borders, boundaries and beyond / recycling borders / rethink borders / cultural exchange /granica, hranic, Granit, Grenze, granični / mapping, remap borders /reclaim / open (your borders, boundaries) / identities / identify your borders/boundaries / .. of the commons / geh an deine Grenze(n)! / Allmende / iron wheels / limits / crossing / terre / pedal movement / paddle / libre (freedom) / movement (body, social)
We have a consensus about 'Borders, Boundaries and Beyond' as a (broad) theme, but need to focus snappy slogan and focus one one or some of the above suggestions, depending on the projects and campaigns we wish to highlight for 2013.
- Some Suggestions about Discussions or Reflections on Borders:
- the dialectics / relations between borders (peripherie) and their centers
Biketour 2013 is cycling for a slogan!
We are looking for a slogan, preferably something positive and imperative eg "cycling towards degrowth!"
Check out some ideas on the 2013 Slogan page
This year the tour is likely to
- start in ((north)/northeastern Germany (most likely Berlin, but could also be somewhere at the coast)
- end somewhere in the wide region between the adriatic and the carpathian mountains, between the tatra and northern dinaric alps
This rough decision was taken during the Winter Meeting 2013. During the following month, the route will be concretised in order to have "skeleton".
See the 2013 route page for
- ideas for places to visit, routes, contacts (add yours, too!)
- maps with route ideas and existing 'borders'
For projects and places off the 2013 route - you can add them here: Other Route Ideas Page - 2014?
There have been many discussions about Aims & Sub Campaigns that the BT wish to support ...some of thoses can be added here.
Our Kick off days in Berlin are fast approaching!! And will be held in (or near to) Berlin 12th - 15th July 2013....
Suggestions for workshops during these days:: (or workshops during the tour en route)
Tools for change:
- Facilitation workshop /
- decision making processes: in groups, in stressy situaitons ("quick decision making"), by consensus
- Tools for action workshop
- Popular Education workshop
- Games / energisers / moral boosting!
- Workshop planning
- Action planning
- Non-hierarchical organisation
- non-violent communication
Biketour History / Future
- Ecorates and solidarity economics
- What is the Biketour
- Reflections of last year
- Organising Ourselves: BT 2013 structure
Borders in Berlin:
- Historical (Bike) tour of the Berlin Wall / Berlin; highlighting what's usually not mentioned in history books
- Film screening of the 2013 Refugee Revolution Caravan project with discussion
- Film screenings (Borders / activism in Eastern Europe)
- 100% Tempelhof project (gardens) (gentrification) (anti urban development)
- Workshop on Critical Cartography
- Berlin Anti Eviction campaign
- Coincide with existing bike or border event.....?
Bikes bikes bikes:
- Bike repair / maintanance workshop
- Kopi Bike welding fridays
- Schwarzer Kanal Bike workshop
- Spontaneious City Critical Mass
- Link up with Bike Surf Berlin 
- Rocket stove workshop
- First aid workshop / course? (Red Cross, THW, etc.?)
Lets get Visible!:
- Screen Printing BT t-shirst Kopi / Rauchhaus
- Making banners / materials
- Improve your Bike
Meeting up with others:
- Cycling Alternatives Tour (Critical Mass?)
Visiting Projects: - also possible host / workshop spaces Plattenladen Lanterne Rouge friedel / f54 Kesselberg Kopi squat Schwarzer Kanal Wagenplatz Bethanien House project New Yorck 59 Rauchhaus Tempest Library ((ZEGG)) Funkhaus Grünau
Berlin Border Groups: Forderverein Karawane e.v Ak – undocumentierte Arbeit Reach Out Berlin Antidiskriminierungsbüro Kein Mensch ist illegal Fight Racism Now Women In Exile Blokupy Berlin Womens Bike Project Berlin schnittselle Die Karawane Schulerinner woller mehr Kampagne für Opfer rassistischer Polizeigewalt Libertad! e.V. ABC Berlin ARI Antirassistische Initiative Initative gegen Abschiebehaft Corasol
Berlin DIY Bike Projects Rainbow Factory hubSchrauber - die Fahrradfakultät Bike Surf Berlin Uni Rad ADFC Bike Aid Les Lanternes Rouges Rad Container Berlin cargo bike network Berlin Bamboo Bikes
Keep then coming ......!
Things needed for biketour
Biketour as a collective "has" some collective stuff (pans / trailers), which are collectively transported and used during the tour. During the rest of the year, these things are stored in different places and should all come together again by the start of the next tour. Things used in 2012 and planned to use in 2013 can be found on the 2013 Equipment page. Please update this page with the things you have and write how they can get to the starting point of the tour!
Every individual joining the tour will have to use some private stuff. See page what to bring for ideas about what participants need.
The tour lives from its different people and all the (material and immaterial) things that these people bring and share. On the 2013 Equipment page you can announce what kind of additional things you will bring to the tour. This can help us to make sure in advance that we won't find ourselves in the strange situations of having 25 guitars but no single bike pump ;). You can also find some inspirations on what to bring.
Food on the Biketour cannot be bought beforehand for and transported over more than two months. We need to buy things in between. It is always challenging to get food that matches criteria like vegan, local, ecolocical, no-cooling-needed, nutritous and from a production/distribution facility worth supporting. Help us to spot places beforehand on our 2013 Food page!
Media (Films, Books, ...)
Watching films and reading books/(maga)zines/etc. can help us understand certain local histories and backgrounds. Here's 2013 Media Library where you can collect all media that you think is useful for the understanding of the regions we pass through or this years theme. (Or just for sharing your favorite film/book...). It would be great if you could take the media with you that you put on the wiki, but of course someone else can get them, too.
Print Material On the Road
- 2013 Booklet: including schedule, description of places
- small language book
check and keep BT_2013_advertising_material updated :D
- Where to publicize it
- some ideas on last year's page [Biketour 2012]
- put new ideas here!
See the website's Get Involved Page  for common things to help with. If you pick one or come up with something new: Down here is space to organise or share your work with others!
- graphics - check and keep BT_2013_advertising_material up to date
- 2013 Booklet
We are always looking for translators - if you spreak the local language of any of the places we willl be passing through - please get in touch: info[at]ecotopiabiketour.net or see the 2013 Text that needs translating page.
We are currently seeking funding towards the 2013 Biketour See the Fundraising page
On the tour: Topics for Discussions or ad-hoc workshops
- Making a Rocket Stove
- Offline and online life: Why do so few people care about their online behaviour even though they are very stricly supporting alternative ways of living offline and even though they are socio-critical in the offline world?
- Online Security and the Right to Informational Self-Determination
- Corporate Design: Do we also need this? Or should we as critical and alternative people reject the idea that a neat, sterile, clean and reproducible logo should "brandmark" all our publications and even daily items? Do we limit our ways of artistic expressions by trying to produce recognisable media? What are the general psychological rules behind (corporate) design and why does it play a big role in capitalism?
- Anti-Advertisement Activism
- First Aid
- Action Training
- Language Basics
- Organic Agriculture Basics
- Bike Maintenance
- Facilitation of Group Meetings and Concensus Decision Making
- Majority Decisions vs. Consensus; Consensus vs. Consent
- Reflective Language and non-violent communication
- How to self-organise?
- Forms of Solidarian / Alternative Economy
- Mapping / Critical Carthography
- Pro Border vs. No Border: Successionism and Cosmopolitanism in the Left
Archive of Mailing List Communications
- 2013 Organization Call-out
- 2013 Host request
- 2013 Coordinator Call for 2014
- Ecotopia Biketour Mailing List Newsletter - 25th April
- Ecotopia Biketour Mailing List Newsletter - 7th June 2013
- Ecotopia Biketour Mailing List Newsletter - 20th June 2013
- Ecotopia Biketour Mailing List Newsletter - 30th June 2013
Travel plans and advice
- 2013 individual trips page: Page where people can share their travel information if they would like to
- 2013 regional travel advice page: Page with with (cheap) travel opportunities for different regions