So what is the Ecotopia Biketour? Here are some useful pages from our website...:
Organizing Ecotopia Biketour
This is a self-organized tour!
No club, no NGO, no political party. Just some people following an idea - since 1990!
You are the biketour!
Some ideas of how you can help
There is lots to be done :) Here are smaller areas of the project, where u could be the right person to take responsibility:
- coordinating a bit of the route (regional co-ordinators are wanted who speak the local language, can help find sleeping/cooking places, plan the route & find suitable maps for that region, have the overview of actions along the route. See more here: Checklist for national/local organisers)
- take care of our outreach during the tour: flyer, poster, website content, prepare an action, prepare a theatre piece, prepare workshop to be given to the tour members or to the public
- coordinate the outreach for participants and organizers
- maintain the website
- style/design leaflets, posters...
- raise funds
- take care about visas issues
- help overall coordination
- be the backup office when we are on tour
- presswork - in your own country and international contacts
- spread the word on the internet through using free software and uncommercial services as much as possible
- Translate documents
- Translate key texts to key-languages (e.g. German, and Eastern Europe in 2013) and other languages
- The wiki pages need to be updated, cleaned out and ordered continuously!!!!!