For general info on the biketour, surf to our primary website: http://www.ecotopiabiketour.net
Welcome to the wiki of the ecotopia biketour
- What is bt?
- How to join
- What to bring
- Frequently asked questions
- Route: where we will be and when
Organizing 2011 ecotopia biketour
This is a self-organized tour!
No club, no ngo, no political party. Just some people following an idea - since 1990!
We are searching for people who want to join BT 2011 and take part in its organisation - see Route 2011 how far we got already and where u can help!
we have quite a lot of job opportunities :) smaller areas of the project, where u would be the right person to take responsibility:
- coordinating a bit of the route (regional co-ordinators are wanted who speak the local language, can help find sleeping/cooking places, plan the route & find suitable maps for that region, have the overview of actions along the route. See more here: Checklist for national/local organisers)
- take care of our outreach during the tour: flyer, poster, website content, prepare an action, prepare a theatre piece, prepare actions, prepare workshop to be given to the tour members or to the public
- coordinate the outreach for participants and organizers
- maintain the website
- style/design leaflets, posters...
- raise funds
- take care about visas
- overall coordination
- backup office
- bring bt to social networks like facebook and keep it updated there
- You can help us on-line!!! We do need help with moving pages from our old wikis and websites - have a look down to archive - to this wiki. Also the website needs editing.
- Wiki organization
- Take care of moving old texts to here
- You can learn on How to edit Wiki for contributing
- Link this orphan pages: Special:Lonelypages
Last years' tours
We went through England, Wales, France, Belgium, Netherlands & Germany, and found it was very possible to live with little money even in the "expensive" countries.
- the amazing itinerary
- a google map oof the route
- 2010 evaluation
- 2010 advertising material - like flyers, the booklet, sticker design..
- Call-out for participants (in 6 languages - translated by past participants)
- download an example visa invitation letter from 2010
- sample media hits
In 2009 we cycled from Macedonia to Croatia through Albania, Montenegro and Bosnia and Herzegovina.