What to bring
Jump to navigation Jump to search
If you are coming to the Biketour, what you might find useful (and we think it's essential):
- ... a bike - Read more here: FAQ#Bikes
- A bike helmet (not essential, but on some of the roads pretty useful for your safety)
- A bike lock
- bikelights, back and front (we try not to cycle in the dark, but if we do - car's will NOT expect you)
- A puncture repair kit, spare tubes and bike pump (just in case)
- A container to keep maps dry
- Water container, it's gonna be hot so this one is important! (min. 1 liter)
- A tent
- Sleeping bag & mat
- Cycling clothes for all types of weather (but take as little clothes possible) - light colored, synthetic clothes preferred to resist sun and sweat, bright/strong/relflective clothes handy to 'be noticed by motorized traffic)
- Swimming stuff
- Your mobile phone and charger
- Organic (biodegradable/non-polluting) soap, shampoo and toothpaste
- Sun cream, sunglasses, long sleeved shirts
- Waterproof jacket
- Medication you (might) need.
- Plate, cup & cutlery
- A flashlight, ideally a headlight
- Valid ID like passport
- Visa you might need
- Money - in 2012, Biketour costs around € 5 per day, and you might want to buy stuff yourself.
- Vegan and/or vegetarian recepies for one (or two) pot meals on the campfire, some herbs you like
what you could bring
- Maps of the region
- A camera (check already if you can upload to our gallery)
- A video camera
- Good chopping knives
- A book or other reading material that you wish to share with participants (it's nice to share storie and ideas)
- a small shovel
- basic medical kit
- specialized medical equipment in case you have
- specialized bike tools (if you are p.e. mechanic and you have)
- a spare phone & charger for BT
- musical instrument, circus things !
- USB sticks with movies - especially related to the BT theme (energy, climate change, ...) and with many :) subtitles
- A small laptop/netbook or any mobile device to feed our twitter, etc.
Don't forget to register, and "maak van thuisblijvers geen spoorzoekers", and tell your folks!!!