Winter Meeting 2016 Agenda
Friday Feb 19
coming to the meeting, talking about the agenda for the following days
Saturday Feb 20 + Sunday Feb 21
discussing, deciding - as many people as possible should come for this. Points to discuss: all equipment issues (location, transport, needs), the route – north to south or south to north/ east to west, west to east?, whether we are going to have a theme, whether to send flyers by post to advertise tour, starting point – first project where we will meet, and the date of the bike tour begin, Russia and Belarus - the visa issue
- Look at the feedback from the last years ()
- Rough route: Start in the north or in the south, go to Belarus or Russia?
- General discussion about the Biketour values. What do they mean to us, is there anything that should be changed? Do we need any additional structures on the tour to avoid conflicts about the values
- Booklet: Come up with a list of chapters that should be in the booklet. Copy texts from old booklets.
- Daily routine, general schedule, how many rest days, how many kilometers per day, organising work and action days
- How to become a political activist tour again?
- How to organise in the future? Is the approach of an open group working or do we need coordinators again?
- Artwork / How to advertise, how to get local people involved
Monday Feb 22 + Tuesday Feb 23
doing practical work (e.g. finalizing flyers, deciding on the route, assessing equipment, etc.), creating a bike tour booklet – zine with information, how things are organised, how tasks are done, how the tour is prepared - can be a smaller team of people
Knowledge that should be prepared beforehand
- Visa situation in Belarus
- Visa situation in Russia (getting invited as a youth group?)
- How to pick the best route in the Baltic States? (Big roads: Trucks; Small roads: Bad gravel)